Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday Must Have: TRAEX Spatula


There are many heat resistant spatulas on the market, but the TRAEX brand is my favorite and yes, I own at least seven of them. You may be thinking, "really, how great can this spatula be?" Let me explain.

If you notice the two half circles on the handle, just below the silicon scraper, this is one of the features that I love about this spatula.

Those two half circles allow you to do this--ta da!!



See how the knife is under it, but there is still space between the two? This keeps your counter cleaner and also keeps miscellaneous ingredients that might be lurking on your counter from getting onto the mixture you are working with.

Some other features this awesome spatula:

  • Made of silicon for using in high heat (up to 500 f.).
  • One side has a point for scraping square dishes and the other has a rounded corner for scraping bowls.
  • On the other side there is a cut out like this: > so while scraping your mixer bowl you can also clean up near the top of the bowl as well.
  • The end of the handle, is a groove that hooks on to a bowl or saucepan, so it won't slip down into it and then you don't have to stick your hand into something that is hot or sticky.

If you love trying new kitchen tools, then this one is a "must have" in my book. Definitely in my top ten!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know there could be such an engineering in a spatula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why this is a must have! It's now on my must have....thanks!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using these for a couple years and they are the best. For all the reasons stated above plus the blade is stiff enough to stir cookie dough or break up clumpy foods and still not damage the non-stick cooking surface. Very recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello !! I’ve had this spatula since I was in culinary school (2000) ! It’s the best ! Do you know where I could replace it ?

    ReplyDelete