Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding Cake


Yesterday my best friend (of 29 years--wow, has it been that long?) got married. It was such an exciting day and I'm so happy for her.

The past three days have been so crazy busy with baking, as I made her wedding cake and cupcakes for the reception. In between baking, make a ton of buttercream, and decorating till the wee hours of the morning, there were many festivities to attend. Bridal shower, family dinner, the wedding, ring ceremony, and the reception. It was so fun to see roommates from college, extended family and friends and to be there for this special occasion.

I've never been so exhausted after making a wedding cake. Trying to get things done in between all the events and yes, the wedding cake was finally completed with the piping details about an hour before I had to deliver it and set it up. Although, I've delivered and set up many wedding cakes, I still get tense and slightly stressed and can't relax until it is safely there and set up. This cake was no exception--in fact, I think I was more stressed about it being perfect, since it was my wedding gift for my friend. It all worked out, as it always does and this time was even better, as I was able to see her excitement and gratitude for her wedding cake and cupcakes.


The wedding cake and cupcake table with an assortment of seven different flavors of cupcakes.




Cupcake flavors: Dark Chocolate w/Chocolate Buttercream, Dark Chocolate w/Vanilla Buttercream, Lemon Surprise w/Lemon Curd Filling,Orange Zinger, Coconut-Lime, and Hawaiian Coconut-Macadamia Nut Cupcakes.



Congratulations Jenna & Philip!!
June 19, 2009

Hydrangea Wedding Cake: Dark Chocolate Cake w/White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling (top tier), White-Lemon Cake w/Raspberry Filling (bottom tier), frosted with a Vanilla Buttercream.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Jill! What an emotionally exhausting gift! No wonder you crashed! She'll remember it forever and that it was made with love.........
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jill! Give Jenna my best...
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented!!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seven different flavored cupcakes? Making things hard on yourself huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, it looks stunning! I just made a wedding cake last weekend and the stress! I know what you mean, things could go wrong at the last minute, it never looks perfect, you worry you will drop it, boy I get more white hair every time.

    You did a great job, I love the hydrangeas in between the tiers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful cake, I love your essential style!
    Next time I get married, I'll call you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, you really made my wedding day--the feeling I had when I walked into the Hanson Country Inn and saw you there, working on my BEAUTIFUL wedding cake and cupcakes, was one of being grateful that you're my best friend. I want you to know how much all of your running around, attending my many pre-wedding and wedding-day events, and baking, baking, baking these beautiful creations, truly meant to me! My mom told me that after the reception, ALL of the cupcakes were gone, as well as all but one little tiny slice of cake--I think that this says it all!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are pne talented baker. I could NEVER construct such a gorgeous wedding cake! Now, where's your Bakewell?? I was looking forward to seeing what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail aboutbest wedding cakes

    ReplyDelete