Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Morning walk

This morning when I looked out the window, this bright beauty caught my eye and so I grabbed my camera and took a little walk around our backyard to discover other flowers that had bloomed overnight.

Oriental poppy...

The first peony in bloom...


A strawberry that looks almost ready and will probably be picked later today...

One of the two strawberry raised beds....

The lettuce raised bed...

Guess where our salad from dinner last night came from?

I love how even lettuce is so pretty--just like a flower...


A view from our back porch area, yes we love to feed the birds...


Dark purple Irises....


Isn't it gorgeous?

The rain chain & floating water plants...


The first Heirloom Rose in bloom...


Purple clematis growing up the trellis...



The grapevine...

New grape leaves growing daily...


And the tall, elegant Lupines that still have the morning dew on the leaves...

Living in the Pacific Northwest, we have so many types of plants that grow well here and I feel blessed that I can look out my kitchen window and enjoy so much beauty around me.

"Give me the splendid silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling."
~ Walt Whtiman

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! I am craving a little Northwest environment:)
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have clematis, but it hasn't bloomed yet. We also have lupines, but they are new this year and I'm cutting them some slack until next year (blooming wise).

    I am sooo excited to see more stuff in bloom at our house, too. Also, our garden looks perfectly pathetic compared to yours, but we just planted it about 4 weeks ago from seed, so I guess I should cut the garden some slack, too.

    Nice pics. LOVE THE PEONIES!!!! Wish I had some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oriental Poppies and Peonies are some of my FAVORITE flowers! You have a gorgeous yard, I have great memories of that yard from my early teenage years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the yard is absolutely gorgeous! It does bring back some nice memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that rose! and the peony, beautiful!!
    Thanks for this post, a garden like that is on top of my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill, what a beautiful spot! Here in the Bay Area we are about a month ahead, the iris are long gone :o(

    Got rhubarb?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...only if we had that much land in Hawaii. People just build condos here...idiots!

    ReplyDelete