Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Must Have: Be Thankful For What You Have


In honor of Thanksgiving this week, I think it's very appropriate to pause in our very busy lives and think about what we are thankful for in our lives. I've had the topic of gratitude on my mind for the last few days and it's been good for me to reflect about the many blessings in my life.

Here are ten (of the many things) that I am grateful for:

1) My Mom--She's always there for me and supports me in all that I do.
2) My spiritual beliefs
3) My health
4) Doing what I love for a living
5) Friends
6) Opportunities for education & learning
7) Good books
8) Being able to share my talents with others
9) Experiences I've had in all aspects of my life
10) The hope of what lies in the future

I would challenge you to take a few moments during this holiday week to write down what you are thankful for at this time in your life.

P.S. A couple of weeks ago I received a nice surprise from Anula over at her blog Anula's Kitchen. Thank you Anula!!

This blog award is just another wonderful example of how supportive people are in the blogging community which I really appreciate and am grateful to be part of this online community.


I am passing this award to five blogs that I've really enjoyed following. Reading each of these blogs have made my days a little brighter and I thank you for that!

Sue at Munchkin Munchies
Kate at Serendipity
Julie at Willow Bird Baking
Kate at Apple & Spice
Cooking School Confidential

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! I like your gratitude list:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a very nice surprise! Thank you so much, Jill! You made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you kindly. I appreciate everyone who visits and leaves kind comments.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, thank you for this award. I'm really touched. I love it! "qui non si mangia da cani" indeed! I'm way behind in my blog reading, and I've missed yours. We're home now till the spring and I'm working on catching up... I can't wait to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thank you Jill!! I very much appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful list and congrats on the award =D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are right that sometimes its good to pause and appricate the things we are thankful for. Thank you for the award! You've brightened my day :)

    ReplyDelete